A bit about us...

Kyle's studying for his MBA at the University of Edinburgh through August 2009. This is our life and adventures in Edinburgh.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Faithful Fairwell

Last night we were blessed to say goodbye to a special group of friends we refer to as our faith community. Some folks would refer to this group as a Bible study or 'small group' but it truly was much more than that...it was a community of Christians sharing life together. This group of people supported me this spring when after 34 years of marriage my dad turned his back on our family. We've grieved together as elderly parents have passed away and we've celebrated as God has answered each other's prayers. We've laughed and cried together (and consumed a ton of burritos!).

To Stacie and me, this community is a dynamic example of the rich community shared through the common bond of faith in Jesus Christ. Often times I've heard something to the tune of "I can't believe that so and so calls himself a Christian, look at how flawed he is." That is why this group is so beautiful...we all know we're deeply flawed yet come together as broken people, willing to look for help.


I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, alway in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy, because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now. And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus.

Philippians 1:3-6

As I post this, Stacie is putting the finishing touches on our luggage and then we're airport bound! Next time we post we'll be in Edinburgh. Thanks to a booking problem with British Airways, Deacon flew yesterday and is patiently waiting for us in London. What a brave little globe trotter.

-Kyle

No comments: