A bit about us...

Kyle's studying for his MBA at the University of Edinburgh through August 2009. This is our life and adventures in Edinburgh.

Saturday, January 31, 2009

What's Your Sign?

Moving overseas you expect some things to be different but sometimes the differences are just plain comical. One thing (among many) that we neglected to consider were street signs. Universal signage? NO!

My deductive reasoning skills lead me to think that this one highlights a) a speed bump and b) you're only safe between the lines.

Among the variety of indigenous wildlife here I've yet to see a humped zebra.

This one is more of an advert but humorous non-the-less. I'm inexperienced with both Russian peasants and French patisseries so I'm grasping to see how the combination of the two relate to boxing. Enjoy-


We'll keep an eye out for more good signs while we're about town!

-Kyle

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Those are fun to see! Keep us posted on your other finds!

the millers said...

Kyle and Stacie,
All your cool stories make wendie and I want to go to Scotland so badly....then we remember that we have two reasons that make it an impossibility, Rowen and Sawyer! Kids! I'm am not sure if you are checking our blog, but they are growing really fast. Rowen is almost looking like a little girl, mullet and all, and Sawyer is getting nice and plump. They are a handful, but most days we enjoy it immensely. Other than that things here are well... except the economy. It probably is a good thing that you are looking for a job over there. Let me know if they need a physics teacher. Things are so tight here that the may even cut a month off of school! Somewhere in my rational head I can't see the benefit of this. Make kids stupid and try to pull out of a landslide all at the same time. BRILLIANT. Anyway, we miss you guys a lot and will continue to pray for you. If you are planning a visit to the states, please let us know so we can make it a priority to see you.

Russ