A bit about us...

Kyle's studying for his MBA at the University of Edinburgh through August 2009. This is our life and adventures in Edinburgh.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Going Away Party


This weekend was our going away party and it was defintely a bittersweet party. Kyle's mom and sister came down from Spokane, so it was fun to have them there with us! I decided that since it was "our" going away party, we were going to have all my favorite treats- so I heard multiple comments about "I wonder who picked the food" (enter sarcasm here) when looking at the bowls of nerds, sour patch kids and m&ms (we did have other food too...). If you know me at all, you know I am a HUGE candy fan- and that can be putting it mildly depending on my mood! We also played one of our favorite games that we've learned since living in Seattle- corn hole. Our friends Dan & Jodi introduced us to this "Midwest" game (they both graduated from Purdue). The game is basically like horseshoes, only lots more fun, with a bean bag.

Here's a picture of some of the guys playing corn hole:

Deacon & Mercedes were on the lookout for any new party guests!

The party was full of cute little babies too! Our good friends Natalie & Justin brought their little boy Blake- he's such a doll.

Here's Kyle's sister Heather enjoying some Blake time:

*

We're defintely getting sad to leave Seattle and have to say goodbye to everyone. Time is just flying by and I know we'll be gone before we know it! The Lord has blessed us here with such wonderful friends, I am excited to see how He will provide for us in Edinburgh!

-Stacie

1 comment:

Taryn said...

Wow! What an adventure! I love reading your stories and looking at your pictures! Keep them coming!! What a great experience for you both!!