A bit about us...

Kyle's studying for his MBA at the University of Edinburgh through August 2009. This is our life and adventures in Edinburgh.

Monday, June 23, 2008

A Farewell to the Northwest

This weekend Kyle & I went on our last hike in the Northwest (at least for awhile). We set out on Saturday morning with our good friends Natalie & Justin and their adorable baby Blake (click on the link to experience the cuteness of Blake). The weather was typical Seattle- cloudy with a chance of rain, but thankfully not too chilly! We attempted to hike 7 miles RT to Mason Lake, which is part of the Alpine Lake region in Snoqualmie Pass.

Here's a stream we came across on the way.

If you look really close you can see Mt. Rainier in the clouds.

After we hike about 3 miles we ran into some heavy snow and were forced to turn around. I am not exaggerating when I say the snow was probably piled about 8 feet tall and was completely impassable. I guess I'm not a true Northwester yet because I am still always amazed at so much snow in June. It was the first day of summer, but I forget this is not Virginia or Texas! Did I mention this is only 20 miles from our house! Mother nature is a crazy thing for sure!


Deacon & Merecedes love to lick the snow, so they were pretty excited about the road block!


Here's Kyle & Me at the top overlooking the Cascade Mountains.

The hike was a nice way to say goodbye to Seattle. And true to form- it started raining on the way down.

-Stacie

No comments: