A bit about us...

Kyle's studying for his MBA at the University of Edinburgh through August 2009. This is our life and adventures in Edinburgh.

Sunday, March 8, 2009

A Highland Coo

This weekend I went to visit a few old friends from my childhood up in the Highlands of Scotland. The farthest north I had been previously was Edinburgh, which if you know your Scotland geography is not north at all. I took the train up 4 hours to the town of Inverness and then traveled another hour north by car to the small village of Dornoch where my friends James & Jennifer are missionaries. The scenery was breath taking and refreshing after 6 months in the city. My most exciting citing of the weekend were seeing my first Highland Cow and going to Loch Ness.

Two young Highland Cows

Me posing with Nessie!

Beautiful Loch Ness

In Scotland, 'loch' just means 'lake' so it is really just 'Lake Ness'. I never realized that growing up when I heard about the Loch Ness Monster (aka Nessie as they call it here) but it makes sense.

On our drive up from Inverness to Dornoch we stopped and enjoyed the local scenery. Which in Scotland means a Castle or two.


Urquart Castle off Loch Ness

Coastline of the North Sea

Typical scenery of the Highlands

On Saturday, Jennifer took me on a hike to a local waterfall. It was great to be out in nature and hike around Scotland.

Waterfall #1

Waterfall #2

It was nice to see old friends and get a break from the city. Kyle spent the weekend studying and getting ready for his finals that are starting up in a week or so! There are only three weeks left in this semester and then Spring Break- time is flying!

-Stacie


No comments: