A bit about us...

Kyle's studying for his MBA at the University of Edinburgh through August 2009. This is our life and adventures in Edinburgh.

Saturday, October 4, 2008

B School Update

McEwan Hall (graduation location)

I thought I'd crawl out from under my pile of books, case studies and lecture notes to give a quick update on how business school is going.  The short story is it's both amazing and exhausting.  I'm really enjoying all the subject matter, but it's just a LOT of subject matter!  It's a great fun to be in a lecture theatre with people from 18 different countries and various professional backgrounds.  Also, the Lecturers are great.  I'm starting to lose track of time and date as I hibernate in the b-school.  I commented to one student that I feel like a caterpillar that 's in a business cocoon being transformed into a little butterfly that is ready to be a business leader!

Since the program is 12 months I've already started the job hunt.  Adding to the already heavy school work I've been talking with alumni and local business contacts in both Edinburgh and London to try and get my foot in the door.  It's exciting times and I'm not wishing it away but I'll be ready for some rest come Christmas time!

-Kyle

No comments: