A bit about us...

Kyle's studying for his MBA at the University of Edinburgh through August 2009. This is our life and adventures in Edinburgh.

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Miltary Tattoo

Our last night in Edinburgh Kyle & I went to see the Edinburgh Military Tattoo. A military tattoo is a performance by a military band. As part of the annual festival in Edinburgh, they have hosted a Tattoo for the past 60 years. It included military bands from all over the world and is performed on the esplanade of the Edinburgh Castle. The event is viewed by over 200,000 people each year and has sold out for the past decade. Needless to say, it was quite spectacular.

Performers from China

Highland Dancers

Scottish Pipe Band

Swiss Drumline

Grand Finale

Fireworks


-Stacie

1 comment:

I'm Jennifer said...

Of all the things I miss about Scotland, I can honestly say, the weather is most definitely not one of them. Memories came flooding back when I saw that last photo that showed people in stocking hats and gloves...IN AUGUST.

I'm loving my humid Richmond summer.