A bit about us...

Kyle's studying for his MBA at the University of Edinburgh through August 2009. This is our life and adventures in Edinburgh.

Monday, June 15, 2009

A Texas wedding

This past weekend I made a whirlwind trip to Texas to see my college roommate get married. I love going to weddings, but a few things tend to stand out with a Texas wedding. Firstly, the wedding took place at Second Baptist Houston, a quaint little church with five campuses and fifty thousand members.

The "Bapti-dome" aka Second Baptist

If you have spent any time in Texas you will know that Texans are very proud of their state and this pride carries over into their alma maters (Sic 'em bears!). So, what wedding would be complete if the cake didn't display your school's crest?

The Texas A&M cake

The weekend went off without a hitch and it was amazing to be back in the States and the sunshine and heat of Texas (it is 60 and rainy in Edinburgh today). There were six of us in the "house party" and we helped make sure the bride was calm and had everything she needed.

The house party

Me and my college roommates

The weekend was also special because my mom flew in for the wedding! We hadn't seen each other since January so it was a much needed reunion.

My mom & me

My mom flew back with me and we arrived this morning back in Edinburgh. She's staying the week with us and then my brother Justin is coming on Thursday as well. I'll post more once we've done some exploring.

-Stacie

1 comment:

Nat said...

Hey was I with you when you got that dress?? any news on moving? Hope to talk soon!