A bit about us...

Kyle's studying for his MBA at the University of Edinburgh through August 2009. This is our life and adventures in Edinburgh.

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Glaswegian for the day...

On Saturday, Kyle & I made our first trip to Glasgow. Glasgow is only 50 minutes west of Edinburgh and is the largest city in Scotland. We figured we should give it a look, or as the Scots say "suck and see".

The weather was typical Scotland, cloudy one minute, sunny the next. No rain though so we were happy! Glasgow is mostly known for it's shopping and dining- as opposed to Edinburgh which is more known for it's cultural heritage. Since Kyle & I love to shop and eat, we were not disappointed with our experience!

A main street in Glasgow

One of the stores we went in had a 'Snoopy Sno-cone machine'. I used to have one of these when I was 'wee' and was super-excited to see one in Scotland! Of course, I made Kyle pose while I took a picture.

Kyle & the Snoopy Sno-cone Machine

Like most big cities, Glasgow also has a large city park named 'Kelvingrove Park'. We ventured over to the park once we were done with our shopping (can you ever be done?) and had eaten lunch at our new favorite restaurant here 'Wagamamas'. The park was really beautiful and the sun was shining- it actually felt like spring!

Enjoying some sunshine

A pond in the park

A meadow in Kelvingrove

We really enjoyed exploring Glasgow and thought it was a nice city. I must say however that I am biased towards Edinburgh and it's ancient architecture and castles, but Glasgow was a nice.

-Stacie

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow, it looks beautiful...I love that park! And I always wanted a snoopy sno-cone machine when I was little, but never got one!

Mike said...

My coworkers love Wagamama. It's a staple whenever work takes them to Europe. I think the only ones in the US are in Boston. I haven't had it yet, but am looking forward to it.

Nat said...

Oh I had one of those son0-cone makers too and you can bet Justin would have been posing if it had been us:)